How to add an Account
Signing up and adding Instagram account
Video didn't help? Read through our walk through guide below:
Make sure you have 2 Factor Authentification turned off on Instagram!
- 2.On the left hand side menu, click on the Instagram icon - when you hover over it with the mouse you will see 'Accounts' - this will take you to the page where you manage the accounts you're linking to the bot.
- 3.Click the New Account button to add your Instagram account.
- 4.Add your Instagram username and password in the Username and Password fields.
- 5.Select a verification method (choose between e-mail or mobile phone verification). Instagram will send a verification code to the selected option in order to verify the account.
- 7.Click the "Add Account" button.
- 8.Enter the 6-digit code you receive from Instagram via email or text message. Sometimes the code may take longer to arrive. The code must be entered without any spaces in between. Example: SMS arrived from instagram: 683 915 - The code to insert is: 683915. If you don't have an Instagram number, please check your email address associated with your Instagram profile and the spam section.
- 9.Click the confirm button.
If the provided username and password information is correct, your Instagram account will be added successfully.
The instagram security gate might be activated first time you login. If this happens, you will need to login to Instagram through your internet browser and approve the login attempt manually.
Sometimes it can happen that you can't link your Instagram account to your Bot. There are several reasons, including the age of the account, an association such as Spam of the server's IP address by Instagram, etc.. If this is the case, try to follow these steps:
- If you haven't already linked your Facebook profile to your Instagram profile, follow these steps to do so:
Instagram → Settings → Linked accounts → Facebook
- Reset Instagram account's password:
While accessing the Instagram application click on "Forgotten password" and get a link to set a new password. After you have changed your password, try reconnecting your profile to the platform. If it still doesn't work, go to "edit profile" and click on "temporarily disable my profile". Reactivate the account after 5-6 hours and then try linking the account to the Bot again.